Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Leave It To A Woman!

James Brown(R.I.P) Once considered the hardest working man in show business, revealed through a hit song the true secret to his worldwide success. The lyric goes like this; It's a man's world but it wouldn't be nothing without a woman or a girl". So while perhaps a little grammatically incorrect, nothing could be truer.

Men have dominated many aspects of society and business for centuries. While I am a man who believes in both male and female being 100% comfortable in their own being, including strengths and weaknesses, I must acknowledge that it is time for a revolution. Not the kind that involve guns, explosions, destruction, and loss of life, but the kind that must come about by opening the mind to new ideas and a new way of doing things.

It is my belief that this revolution will be and must be lead by the many powerful, savvy, female entrepreneurs who are rising up all across the globe to impact decisions that ultimately always touch them the deepest.

It is widely publicized that home based businesses are on the rise with women leading the way. However, I submit to you for your consideration that, home based business has been around since the beginning of time but the importance of it has been masked and overlooked due to male dominated rules and regulations.

There has never been a more successful business that has stood the test of time, economic depressions, abuse, neglect and the list goes on and on, than the the HOUSEHOLD. That's right, the household. Is the home not run as a business? What blows me away is that it encompasses training, cleaning, deliveries, purchasing, invoicing, innovation, discipline, budgeting, kindness, scheduling, public relations, compassion, health care, etc. I think you get the idea.

Are these not the things missing in today's economy? Well, again, I say its time for a revolution in the way things are done and who is behind the doing of them. It is said that the definition of insanity, is doing the same thing over and over while expecting a different result.

It is time for a new choice leading to new results. It is time that we acknowledge and bring to the forefront, the millions of household CEO's, around the world, and promote the opportunity to bring that same brilliance that it takes to successfully run a household to business and all other major decisions.

One of my favorite stories of all times, can be found in the book of Judges, chapters 4-5 in the Bible. Deborah who was the Primary judge in Israel delivered her people from their oppressors when there was no man to step up to the challenge. Along with Jael, the wife of a prominent man of her day, they defeated the oppressing Siserian king and his army.

History is filled with such examples of powerful women.

My only question is, will you be today's Deborah or Jael?
These desperate times calls for Female involvement and leadership.

It is your time to use the skills passed on to you from all the women in your life that have suffered and labored through many injustices long before you.

Well, I'm just a wardrobe consultant with a passion for empowering women. For me it's much more than just changing your personal appearance. It's about providing a mirror to the inner powerful, clear, invincible being that you are as a woman.

Let's start a revolution together! The world and more importantly, your fellow sisters and human beings await your arrival. Come out of the shadows and cease to play small or helpless. It's a new day and the best day ever for you to be a new woman.

NOW, you can just read this or you can TAKE ACTION and forward to a special woman that you would like to empower. Just remember the definition of insanity mentioned above.

You may write to me at http://www.makeemlooktwice.com . I am also on twitter.com/makeemlooktwice or facebook.com/dewayne.lipsey.

I look forward to serving you as we grow together and change our world!

Yours In Service Dewayne

4 comments:

  1. What a great post! Having never read the bible I did not know of these women Deborah and Jael. Thanks for the lesson.

    It's wonderful to hear a man commenting on what so many woman have been thinking. It IS time for a revolution in how we think and perceive one another. There is nothing stopping our world from becoming one that is respectful to both genders.

    Best of Luck with your business and I hope to see more posts that mention powerful women throughout history and the present.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I have to say is a big amen. What an encouraging post and great examples from the Bible. I will definitely be following you on twitter. Post on my friend. Post on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow,awesome delivery! If I did not believe in myself as a powerful woman before, I really do now. That was a real dose of reality. Keep it coming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is absolutely true that women are moving forward in the marketplace. We are bring a new paradigm. We understand the reality of competition. We also understand the greater value of community, collaboration, and cooperation. This is revolutionary and radical from the perspective of the "good ole boys". But that's ok - they'll catch on . . . eventually.

    ReplyDelete